Saturday 19 January 2013

Diets, is it only about how we eat? - Mental Obesity

The past few months, I have been focussing more on losing weight than I normally do,
and thanks to some wonderful friends, I have been able to have a better understanding of it.

I have been learning a lot about calories, their daily limits, which leads to a better understanding of how much I can eat per portion, and things like that.  I am starting to think that the key to a good weight loss program, is the one that is customized to the individual and sustainable.

Going off a slightly different tangent, as I am prone to when I start thinking about things, I started to wonder, would it be better if we also had a 'diet' on the things we see and hear, for example, watching tv shows and movies can be considered as empty and bad calories, such as ice cream, potato crisps and so on, whereas reading a good novel would be healthy calories, like a bowl of fresh vegetables.

However, the key to any successful diet is that it should have a good balance, so instead of completely eliminating the bad calories, as long as we have it under control, it does not take over, and make us 'obese' , mentally or physcially





No comments: